Re: df and dh reporting different disk space usage

Thanks Karl,

> debugfs should be able to help with diagnostics here (read-only mode
> by default).  It can list deleted entries in a directory.

I used debugfs and it shows files hidden under mount points. To get raid working I originally did a very minimal setup, all on /, to get raid working. I forgot to delete the original /usr!

> If you *do* find any big files hiding under the mountpoints, you
> probably have umount the mountpoint to remove the files via e.g. rm.
> I wouldn't trust debugfs in read-write mode on a currently mounted
> filesystem....

I can't umount /usr remotely anyway. I guess as long as these files are being written to they are not doing any harm and can just sit there until I next take the machine down.

Erik

|   Erik Erskine                                                     |
|   Sundayta Ltd                                                     |