Concerning Upgrade to Woody: Couldn't configure a pre-depend

Greetings to all debian-users.

I recently bought a CD-set of woody as I want to upgrade from potato.
As apt-cdrom wouldn't include the sources from CD in the first place
I did the following:

    dpkg -i /cdbrenner/pool/main/g/glibc/libc6_*
    find /cdbrenner/ -name libstd\*glib\* | xargs dpkg -i
    find /cdbrenner/ -name apt_\* | xargs dpkg -i

Now I have the following packages freshly installed:

    apt
    fdflush
    libident
    libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1
    libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2
    rcs
    workbone

These seven are woody, the rest is still potato.
I recognize that libc6 is not in this list as it should be,
yet it is marked for installation.

At least I was able to finish my apt-cdrom-add procedure properly,
so now the CDs are listed in my /etc/apt/sources.list.

After ironing out a lot of discrepancies I did:

    dselect Update
    dselect Install

but the installation won't take place.

Here is some of the procedure's output:

    Script started on Sun Sep 15 13:48:39 2002
    k-star:/home/andy# dselect

    [...cut...]

    * 3. [I]nstall     Install and upgrade wanted packages.

    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    Correcting dependencies... Done

    The following packages will be REMOVED:
    ae* dpkg-perl* dpsclient* ivtools-interviews* lclint* ldp-ligs*
    libgc5* libltdl0* libmagick4g* libncurses4* libnspr3* libpcre2*
    libreadlineg2* lsof-2.2* metrics* mixviews* netpbm1* nextawg*
    task-newbie-help* task-x-window-system-core* tetex-lib*
    xaw-wrappers* xf86setup* xviddetect*

    abiword-common abiword-doc abiword-gtk abiword-plugins apt-utils
    asclock-themes autoconf2.13 autotools-dev bind9-host bonobo
    console-common cpp-2.95 cpp-3.0 debconf-utils defoma docbook
    docbook-xml esound-clients expect fetchmail-common g++-2.95 g++-3.0
    gcc-2.95 gcc-3.0 gcc-3.0-base gcj-3.0 gconf gettext-el
    gimpprint-locales glade-common gnome-applets gnome-mime-data
    gnupg-doc groff-base gs-common html2text icewm-common ifupdown
    ipchains ipmasqadm iptables klogd libasound2 libbonobo2 libbz2-1.0
    libcap1 libcapplet1 libdb3 libdb3-util libdns5 libdps1 libefs1
    libexpat1 libfreetype6 libgal-data libgal19 libgc6 libgc6-dev
    libgcc1 libgcj2 libgcj2-dev libgconf11 libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2
    libgdk-pixbuf2 libghttp1 libgimp1.2 libgimpprint1 libgmp3
    libgnome-vfs-common libgnome-vfs0 libgnomeprint-bin
    libgnomeprint-data libgnomeprint15 libgtk1.2-common libgtkhtml20
    libisc4 liblcms libldap2 liblircclient0 libltdl3 libltdl3-dev
    liblwres1 libmagick5 libmorph libnet-ph-perl libnet-snpp-perl
    libnetpbm9 libnss-db liboaf0 libogg0 libpcap0 libpcre3 libperl5.6
    libpisock4 libpspell-ispell1 libpspell4 libquicktime4linux0 librpm4
    libsasl7 libscrollkeeper0 libssl0.9.6 libstdc++3 libstdc++3-dev
    libswig1.1 libttf2 libungif4g libvorbis0 libwmf0.2-2 libxaw6 libxaw7
    libxaw7-dev libxml2 libxslt1 mtr-tiny net-tools netkit-inetd
    netkit-ping oaf perl perl-debug perl-doc perl-modules perl-suid
    pkg-config portmap psfontmgr psutils python python-egenix-mxdatetime
    python2.1 python2.1-dev python2.1-doc python2.1-egenix-mxdatetime
    python2.1-egenix-mxtools python2.1-examples python2.1-gdbm
    python2.1-imaging python2.1-kjbuckets python2.1-mpz
    python2.1-numeric python2.1-xml python2.1-xmlbase scantv
    scrollkeeper sgml-base sgml-data tcl8.3 texi2html tk8.3
    util-linux-locales v4l-conf vacation vim x-ttcidfont-conf
    xawtv-plugins xfonts-abi xlibs xlibs-dev xpdf-common xpdf-utils
    xserver-common-v3 xutils

    146 packages upgraded, 162 newly installed,
    24 to remove and 214 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0B/166MB of archives.
    After unpacking 215MB will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

    6% [Working]

    Media Change: Please insert the disc labeled
    'Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r0 _Woody_ - Unofficial i386 Binary-1 (0721)'
    in the drive '/cdbrenner/' and press enter

    6% [Working]

    E: Internal Error, Couldn't configure a pre-depend

    Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
    packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors or
    errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
    above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall
    again

    Script done on Sun Sep 15 13:49:47 2002

I wonder what this internal error about the pre-depend means.
If this is a specific pre-depend, how can I find out something about it
to fix it?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards.
Andreas