Re: HTML attachments in MUTT

Adam Bogacki <adam@bogacki.net> wrote on 15/09/2002 (11:42) :
> Hi,
> 	when - as user - I invoke urlview (^B) to view a
> HTML attachment in Mutt nothing happens although the hard drive
> grinds away as if trying to invoke the ghost of Mozilla.
>
> 	My ~/.mailcap is attached with alternatives, none of which
> work, although the last one once brought up Konqueror in my Woody 3.0
> system.
>
> 	I edit ~/.mailcap as root in either /, /home, or /home/adam
> which should not make a difference as the tilde signifies the root
> directory. I use Mutt, of course, in my user account.

I have set it up my .mailcap like this:

text/html; w3m %s; needsterminal;

then when you get a html attachment you can view it in the same window
with w3m. This is extremely fast and most of the time you have a HTML
attachment you don't need a graphics viewer anyway. However if you do it
is simple to as you in w3m can setup an external viewer (press o to go
to the option menu) and after setting up konqueror or something else you
just simply press M in w3m to launch it.

I recommend w3m over lynx as the latter doesn't support tables, frames
etc...

--
Preben Randhol
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent", Isaac Asimov