Re: OT: Accessing users' pages on Apache

nate wrote:

Kent West said:

westk03[westk]:/home/westk> grep -i userdir /etc/apache/httpd.conf
LoadModule userdir_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_userdir.so
# UserDir: The name of the directory which is appended onto a user's home
<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
  UserDir public_html
# Control access to UserDir directories.  The following is an example

the last thing I can think of is to change

UserDir public_html

UserDir /home/*/public_html

(and run apachectl configtest, then apachectl restart)

see if that helps..beyond that I don't know what to suggest.

nate

I made that change. I don't seem to have an "apachectrl" utility, but I ran "/etc/init.d/apache restart" and it didn't make any difference.

Oh well, thanks for the help anyway.

Kent