Re: debian.org and its attached A1000

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 15:40, Chris Manning wrote:
> Hi guys:
>
> I'm about to set up a linux server with a Sun StorEdge A1000 attached.
> I've noticed that's how the debian ftp repository is set up, and I'd
> like to know if anyone on this list knows how they configured the
> hardware raid. Im fairly sure that RaidManager for Solaris/WinNT is
> necessary to do this, so if anyone knows how it was done, I'd be most
> appreciative.

Is there a text-mode interface to the A1000?  On HP (that-which-
was-DEC) StorageWorks controllers, in addition to the Windows GUI
control app, there's a serial port that allows you to plug in a
dumb terminal (and presumably a PC running minicom) to configure
things directly in command mode.  Of course, even these modern
controllers have a corporate memory going back to when gooey referred
to cheesy pasta dishes...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |