Re: OT: Accessing users' pages on Apache

Hello Kent,

On Sep 13, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

|      * User directories are enabled, and user documents will be looked
|        for in the public_html directory of the users' homes. These dirs
                           ^^^^
|        should be under /home, and users will not be able to symlink to
|        files they don't own.
|

|  So I created the directory "/home/westk/public_directory"
                                                  ^^^^^^^^^

There's a typo here.  If you actually created the directory called that,
then no wonder it doesn't work :)  If the directory is correctly named
and this is an email typo, then I have no idea.

-Jason

--
Jason Wojciechowski==jwojciechowski@hampshire.edu
http://wonka.hampshire.edu/~jason

The cow is nothing but a machine which makes grass fit for us people to eat.
		-- John McNulty