Re: Why do I need to be a %^#$# programmer to use Linux?

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:39:19 -0700 "deFreese, Barry"
<Barry.deFreese@nike.com> wrote:

> I pulled down kernel-headers-2.2.19 and go alot futher, thanks.  Why on
> earth would the files in kernel-headers-2.2.19 be different than in
> kernel-source-2.2.19???

Well, if you didn't configure the source tree, there's a _huge_
difference.  By configure, I mean selecting the options of the kernel to
include and how (ala a .config file either created through one of the
config options or supplied), along with a "make dep".

--
Jamin W. Collins