Re: Sarge security updates

nate <debian-user@aphroland.org> writes:

> Last I remember the time between a package hit unstable and went to
> testing was something like 2 weeks. So if a security problem came out
> it would take up to 2 weeks(provided there are no big bugs discovered in
> the package) for it to get to testing.

It's important to note that's "at least".  Nothing linked against
libc6 has made it into testing in quite a while, since there was an
RC bug filed against it for a long time (in internet time, at
least).

I think the bug has been closed, so there should be a flood shortly,
but this emphasizes that you can't depend on frequent updates to
testing.

I Got a date!! No more sticky fingers for me.