RE: Why do I need to be a %^#$# programmer to use Linux?

Stinkpads are notoriously bad for their PCMCIA implementations.  I had a
similar instance at a customer site where a card working in one Dell laptop
would not work in an IBM Stinkpad no matter what.  Not every problem is an
M$ one, even though we would all like to blame them.

As for the distribution.  One of the reasons that I chose Debian is that
according to Digi, the drivers were supported (though all of the
documentation talks about RedHat).  Eventually I want to try all of the
distros (or at least SuSe, Mandrak, Gentoo, and Slackware) but I had good
luck getting Debian running on the Mac so that was part of the reason I used
it as well.

Thanks,

Barry deFreese
NTS Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell