Re: [OFF TOPIC] majordomo and exim

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:47:11AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
 > On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:33:43AM +0100, Keith Robinson wrote:
 > > On a side matter, why is majordomo not part of the debian distro?
 >
 > It had to be removed:
 >
 >   http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce-00/msg00007.html

 Wasn't aware of majordomo 1s security issues, but I'd guessed it was a licensing thing.

 > Majordomo 2 could probably be packaged (apparently it shares no code
 > with Majordomo 1 and has a more sensible licence), but nobody's done it
 > yet.
 >
 > > I looked through the packages and saw mailman, which I guess is more
 > > the default mailing list software for debian.
 >
 > "Default" is a fairly meaningless concept here. :)

 Yes, I guess I just meant "the debain way".

 > > Is it better than majordomo?
 >
 > It's a contentious issue.

 Perhaps a little less contentious would be: what is people's preferred mailing list management software (and why)?  I'd be interested to know.  I just went the majordomo route because I'd heard of it previously and thought I'd give it a go.  Not exactly a decision based on science, but hey...

Cheers,

Keith