Re: [OFF TOPIC] majordomo and exim

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:33:43AM +0100, Keith Robinson wrote:
> On a side matter, why is majordomo not part of the debian distro?

It had to be removed:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce-00/msg00007.html

Majordomo 2 could probably be packaged (apparently it shares no code
with Majordomo 1 and has a more sensible licence), but nobody's done it
yet.

> I looked through the packages and saw mailman, which I guess is more
> the default mailing list software for debian.

"Default" is a fairly meaningless concept here. :)

> Is it better than majordomo?

It's a contentious issue.