Re: Changing appearance of (x-)terminal

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 01:33:57PM -0400, Time wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 04:26:26PM +0200, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> > Colours would be great, having a background image on the terminal
> > (if terminal support is available, otherwise ignore) would be
> > heaven. Any other obvious visual clues available?
>
> Also, on other boxes, you can customize your .bashrc or even use ansi
> colors in .zshrc 's PS1 prompt declaration.

Thank you and the others who replied.

In my sleep I remembered a Gentoo prompt I once saw. ;)

It had colours. Your suggestion helps me to get something like that
done.

As for the other solutions, I perhaps should have been more clear
about this, seem to be tied to a specific terminal. I don't want
that. If I log in from the toaster I want it to be obvious where I
am (or more real putty or that thing that comes with Cygwin when I
am in a restricting/restricted area).

Bob