Re: Changing appearance of (x-)terminal

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 04:26:26PM +0200, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> Colours would be great, having a background image on the terminal
> (if terminal support is available, otherwise ignore) would be
> heaven. Any other obvious visual clues available?

Within X using Eterm you can specify the background image in a terminal
and then use keybindings to call up that shell, for example my
Enlightenment keybings.cfg might look like:

  __NEXT_ACTION
    __KEY e
    __EVENT __KEY_PRESS
    __MODIFIER_KEY __ALT
    __ACTION __A_EXEC "Eterm --scrollbar off --buttonbar off --background-pixmap ~/maps/singularity.jpg --exec ssh time@second.clockbot.net"

:where alt e is bound to that command.

Also, on other boxes, you can customize your .bashrc or even use ansi
colors in .zshrc 's PS1 prompt declaration. Here is my .zshrc as an
example:

http://www.clockbot.net/pub/tools/Zshell/zshrc

Hope this helps.

--