Re: integrity checkers

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 07:18:08PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> thanks for the information. 1:0:0:0 for aide it is. i'd be interested
> in people with samhain and integrit experience.

I've used both aide and integrit.  integrit I found a little easier to set
up nicely, but aide is also nice.  Aide has nicer formatting of the emails
of changes which it sends you.

I played with samhain for a while, and it has some very nice features, but
I never could get it working properly.  The problem was that it is so
paranoid that it doesn't use any other utility, which means if you want it
to email the changes to you, you have to configure its own mailer program.
This is where I failed.  I never went back to it because samhain isn't in
woody.  If I remember right, it had the nice feature that it ran as a
daemon process and could thus remember what changes it had already
reported without modifying the on disk catalog of file hashes.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/