spamassassin white-lists

I've found two things on the spamassassin package that I am unable to determine how to configure or manage.
(My setup is postfix|procmail|spamassassin)

spamd.conf:
There is, on one machine, a line "DROPPRIVS=yes". But it doesn't show up anywhere else.
What is this line used for?  What does it do?

white-listing:
How do you manage these files? They are hash files, I think. Is there any way that I can manually edit/view the content to see that they are working correctly?

--
narcolepulacyi, n.:
	The contagious action of yawning, causing everyone in sight