Re: using two exims for dialup, was Re: Using exim efficiently on a dialup machine

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 01:43:46PM +1000, Geoff Crompton wrote:
>    Is it possible to configure exim on homepc to use dially as a smart
>    relay, and to continually poll dially (say every 5 minutes) to try
>    and deliver email? It could be almost a week between times that
>    dially actually dials up (or is even turned on). I don't want the
>    exim on homepc freezing emails if it can't send them out though.

Have a look at RETRY CONFIGURATION in /etc/exim/exim.conf.

I think you can make things work like you want there.

However maybe it's a little bit dangerous to have homepc not give up
on a message. Will you ever notice a problem with your email
configuration if homepc blindly keeps polling your smart host?

Bob