using two exims for dialup, was Re: Using exim efficiently on a dialup machine

  Seeing as there are some people around here that seem to understand
  exim, I thought that I'd try and sort out an answer to something at
  home.

  I have a simple network like this:

     | dialup
   --------         --------
   |dially|---------|homepc|
   --------   LAN   --------

   I have dially running ppp, in the 'dial-on-demand' mode. Most of the
   time I leave dially turned off (as most of the time I don't want to
   be connected, I only have one phone line). I do all my work on homepc.

   I can see that it is possible to fire up an exim process on dialup,
   and to unthaw the message queue.

   Is it possible to configure exim on homepc to use dially as a smart
   relay, and to continually poll dially (say every 5 minutes) to try
   and deliver email? It could be almost a week between times that
   dially actually dials up (or is even turned on). I don't want the
   exim on homepc freezing emails if it can't send them out though.

   Cheers

   Geoff Crompton