Re: multiple x sessions?

> > Is it really straightforward to configure my woody system to allow
> > multiple X sessions on the same monitor?
>
> To start another X session:
> startx -- :1
>
> It will end up running on the next available virtual console, and you
> can switch between them by using Linux's virtual console switchingness.
>
> That what you wanted?

Well, almost.  Thanks -- now I remember having read this before!  but
for some reason, the simple startx command puts me right into kde,
without the usual dialog box asking how I want to log in.  This
happens regardless of what user I log in as.

I should say that I have one x session up aklready, running kde.

is there a way around that, do you think?

matt