Re: Restricting IP to shell users

At 1031793031s since epoch (09/11/02 06:10:31 -0400 UTC), Dathi Oxencroft wrote:
> I've recently setup a new server with woody but this is my first time with
> multiple IP's using IPalaising. I've been searching here and there to no
> avail on how I may setup particular users to bind to, or be locked into
> using in some fashion, a particular IP address.

It would help a little if you can tell us what the goal is... are you
trying to analyze traffic based on a certain IP?

Do you want users to only be able to log in via a certain IP address,
so that joe can only get to the box by ssh-ing to 192.168.0.1 and
jane can only get to 192.168.0.2?  Or do you want joe's and jane's
processes (such as virtual hosted web servers) to only bind to certain
ports, or both?

Jason
--
Jason Healy