What happens to modules after recompiling to a new kernel

Good day,

Trying to understand things as much as i can. I need a little help on some concepts

here. I installed linux and it detected my hardware e.g lancard and loaded the

module for it. After installation i downloaded latest kernel and recompiled it with

drivers builtin the kernel.

Q1. When i recompiled my kernel what happens to the old modules that i have will

they be unusable or i can still use this modules?

Q2. Would there be a problem if ill use the modules compiled from the old kernel with

the new kernel that im using? e.g use modules from 2.2.19 on the 2.4.19 kernel..

TIA

Do You Yahoo!?