RE: Why mailing-lists? Usenet have been invented, I hear. ;-)

On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 12:37, deFreese, Barry wrote:
> I wasn't necessarily complaining, just rebutting his remark.
>
> The main one I am concerned about at the moment was to see if anyone has set
> up an 8 port digiboard before.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barry deFreese
> NTS Technology Services Manager
> Nike Team Sports
> (949)-616-4005
> Barry.deFreese@nike.com
>
> "Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
> Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell

I haven't set up a digiboard, but I remember reading up on how to do it
a couple years back - I think it was in the documentation for the module
in the 2.2.x kernel.

The absence of response wasn't the point of my paragraph there - I know
that various questions don't get answered. Probably a third or more of
my questions don't get answered, because I'm looking for information on
matters that others don't have experience with, or don't necessarily
care about. I don't worry about this as I know that this is a peer
support environment - it isn't mandated with the duty of solving all
problems that arise on any aspect of Debian software, but is a useful
resource if it can help. It can't help if people don't ask, or nobody
else has had experience with the problem. Kai Olsen hadn't asked.

A side note, Debian, at most, only can be implied to have any hint of
moral responsibility for supporting Debian specific matters -
adjustments that they make to packages, apt, dpkg, debiandoc, make-kpkg
and other items they have developed from scratch as part of Debian, and
installation and management problems with .debs, and their relative
currency. Any other support that arises is gravy. This place has plenty