From: Colin Watson [mailto:cjwatson@debian.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 9:28 AM
To: 'debian-user@lists.debian.org'
Subject: Re: Compile 3c90x module prolem

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 01:57:28PM -0700, deFreese, Barry wrote:
> I am trying to compile the module for my 3c905B card.  When I compile
> the object and try to run "insmod 3c90x" I get an error saying that
> the module was compiled for version 2.2.20 and the kernel is 2.2.19.
> I am using the -I/usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.19/include directive so I
> am lost as to where it is getting 2.2.20 from??

That version comes from whatever <linux/version.h> is while compiling
the module. What does /usr/include/linux/version.h look like? I'm
wondering if that was accidentally used instead of the one in the kernel
source tree.

You'll need to run 'make dep' in the kernel source tree in order for
include/linux/version.h to be created there. A clean tree won't do.

Cheers,