RE: Why mailing-lists? Usenet have been invented, I hear. ;-)

well since you want to be rude and immature i'll respond in likewise - go
fuck yourself.  It's people like you that piss newbies off and turn them
away from linux and open source.  You have major attitude.  Most probably a
14 year old looking at your choice of l33t etc as words.

For that matter I wasn't knocking the debian system, I was having a go at a
few users who were plain downright rude.  And at the general elitism that
i've personally found from a large % of linux users elsewhere (and that
appeared to initially be the case on the debian lists here).

Thankfully most of the people who have voiced their opinion on this subject
have not been rude like yourself.  In fact several have agreed with my
voiced opinion.  There's an old saying son and it's "they can't all be
wrong".

Oh and I don't being implied as being a moron either mate.  Oh and if you'd
bothered to read and comprehend my original post - with the Suse issue it
was purely an example of the poor linux support (and I had paid for support
by purchasing their product).  Every single person that I personally know
who works in the IT industry (10+) have been disgusted with the lack of
support by Suse.  My reference to them was an example.  You'd also realised
that I had in fact down research with my Suse problem (and I typically do
this as it is the only way to learn).  So please don't make assumptions
about

1. my intelligence

2. my efforts that I do make before resorting to asking for help.

Oh and if i want to quote the lyrics from a song, then that's my goddamn
right.  If you don't like it tough.

Dave