Re: Why mailing-lists? Usenet have been invented, I hear. ;-)

David Pastern wrote:
<Snip>
10.  Remember that english is not everyones main tongue.  Writing skills are
always weaker for a person from a NESB (non english speaking background).
Best wishes,

Dave W Pastern

On the contrary, I tend to find that the worst English comes from people who claim it as their first language. Normally if a post contains the words "please excuse my english" I am pretty confident of being able to understand it perfectly :)

Barney.