Why mailing-lists? Usenet have been invented, I hear. ;-)

Hi all.

I'm new to the Debian way of linuxing and since changing distribution is almost as involved as getting a new OS, I decided I would follow the discussions among the Debians.

From the main website I lerned that this was done via mailing-lists, so I subscribed. But when it dawned on me that I was going to get 100 mails a day I regetted it.

Why on earth (to stay local) doesn't Debian move the lists to a newsserver instead ???? That way it's much easier to follow threads and only download the messages that is of interest. And if Debian does not connect to other newsservers, they will not get obnoxious groups as alt.sex or comp.microsoft..

Anyway. This is unworkable for me. Don't reply - I'm off.

Kai