Re: Motherboards

Jeff Whitman wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for information on P4 motherboards and chipsets for Woody?

Please share any success or failure information.

Thanks,

Jeff

Well, I don't know about motherboards, but as for chipsets-- avoid any and all SiS chips. I have the SiS 730s chipset in my computer, and the graphics chips sort of work (the driver is somewhat mismatched-- I have to deal with perpetual, severe pincushion distortion), but the sound doesn't work *at all* and Linux can't find my fan & temperature sensors (they work-- I've checked the BIOS numerous times to make sure). Take it from me, SiS chips are just worthless; avoid them like the plague :(

HTH

--
Vikki Roemer
Registered Linux user #2880021   http://linuxcounter.li.org/