Re: problems with tux(racer|kart)

This one time, at band camp, martin f krafft said:
> also sprach Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen <ken@fiona-victor.com>
> [2002.09.08.2347 +0200]:
> > my guess is your opengl settings.  If you dont have hardware support
> > for opengl it will be a nightmare running such applications
>
> As I said, I have no clue about multimedia, please help me further.
> Where do I check these settings?

In a term, try glxinfo - it'll tell you whether or not hardware
rendering is supported.  You can also try glxgears - it'll give you a
frame rate.  Write back if you're not sure of the results.  I missed the
beginning of the thread, but maybe try XFree86.org to see if they have a
driver for your chipset that supports GL if the results are negative -
upgrading X to 4.2 from Branden's site (or one of the mirrors) might
help if that's the case.  The other things are to make sure you have DRI
enabled in your XF86Config-4, DRM in the kernel, and the module agpgart
loaded - they all make a huge performance difference.  Sorry if I'm
repeating stuff you've already covered, and HTH.

Steve

--
Those who have had no share in the good fortunes of the mighty
Often have a share in their misfortunes.