ext3 w/Woody 3.0r0?

Just wanted to check before I do something wrong... does Woody 3.0r0 support ext3? I'm told to worry about kernel support, is it in the distributed "2.2.20-compact #1" kernel?

Also, while I'm asking these simple questions, I understand the way to upgrade to ext3 is simply:

1) Add ext3 journalling to the ext2 device with `tune2fs -j /dev/{myHD}`
2) Adjust /etc/fstab as required to indicate type "ext3" not "ext2"

...is it?

Finally, why doesn't Woody prompt for ext3 like the other distributions? I was reminded most others stop and ask ext2 or ext3... maybe it's about the "compact" method I used.

Thanks!