pppoe not reconnecting if dropped

Title: pppoe not reconnecting if dropped

Hi all,

Running Debian Woody on my gateway box at home.
1 NIC connected to ADSL modem, the other to my network (standard setup).

I use the debian package to do pppoe, (roaring penguin).

I seem to be having issues when I drop line sync for a long time.
If I drop sync for a short period of time, it's ok.
But if I lose sync for a long time, it will not reconnect.

The only way to get it going again is by restarting the process..
/etc/init.d/ppp restart

Has anybody had issues like this, and how did you resolve it ?

Thanks  :)

--
Ross.