Re: Iptable 1.2.7a-2 upgrade problem

"D.J. Bolderman" <list@bolderman.xs4all.nl> writes:
> Running Debian unstable, i'm trying to upgrade my iptables to 1.2.7a-2.
> It's giving me this error message : "empty control file at
> /usr/sbin/install-docs line 629"
>
> Anyone having this problem to, or know how to solve it ?

While your question seems to have been answered, it's worth pointing
out: packages in unstable are known to break, and developers
frequently aren't subscribed to debian-user.  If you're going to run
unstable, you should definitely be prepared to submit bugs when things
break, and otherwise use the Debian bug-tracking system; see
http://bugs.debian.org/.  You should also definitely be subscribed to
debian-devel-announce, which is low-traffic and gets announcements
about important things generally relating to the release cycle and
occasionally unstable packages.  You should also consider subscribing
to debian-devel, which is high-traffic but gets lots of notification
and discussion about important things in unstable breaking (e.g. libc
and perl).

In this case, your problem is in the BTS as bug #160010; see
http://bugs.debian.org/iptables or http://bugs.debian.org/160010.

	-- Abra Mitchell