Cruftless incremental backup

I'm looking for a backup tool that can track the files
I deleted from my filesystem and delete them from my
backups or at least mark them so they won't be
restored.

Let's say I already made a full backup consisting of
file1, file2 and file3. I make an incremental backup
after I modify file3, create file4 and delete
file1. When I restore I want only unmodified file2,
modified file3 and newly created file4 to appear on my
filesystem.

tar's -g or --listed-incremental option doesn't cut it
in this case.

--
Humanity's future is in the stars:
support a human mission to Mars!