Re: Cruftless incremental backup

hiya

if you want the backup to mirror the master
than you would want to use rsyn with the --delete option
( the backups deletes it copy of the removed file on the master )

if you want the deleted file to be removed from the backup.tgz file
than you'd have to:
	- have rm   put a lit of files it deleted into
		/var/tmp/backup/delete.lst
	- have your new backup.sh script unpack backup.tgz
	- have your backup.sh script remove the list of files
		in delete.lst
	- rebuild the backup.tgz
	- you're done

-- but why bother.... geez...  defeats the purpose(?) of "backup"

-- more whacky backup scripts
	http://www.Linux-Backup.net

c ya
alvin