Re: Worried about Exim, my mail is dissappearing?

And the $64M prize goes to...

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 10:34:04AM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> qk.com.au has 2 MXes with the same priority:
>
> $ host -t mx qk.com.au
> qk.com.au           	MX	10 qk.com.au.
> qk.com.au           	MX	10 mail.qk.com.au.
>
> They are different servers though. There's a 50% chance for mail
> to land on qk.com.au, and a 50% chance to land on mail.qk.com.au.
> Are you sure this is right ?
>
> Shouldn't it be
>
> qk.com.au               MX      10 qk.com.au.
> qk.com.au               MX      20 mail.qk.com.au.
>
> .. or something? Check that mail isn't stuck on the wrong box.

Yes the mail was stuck on the wrong machine due to a stuff up with some
DNS records that I don't have full control over *sigh*.  I had this idea
on the way to work this morning and this email reminded me to check it
out.  I've had an unfun day bouncing mail from the wrong machine to the
right one... Thanks to everybody who tried to help here.  Extra thanks
to Miquel who figured it out :)

Regards,

Lucas