Re: How to make kernel-modules-<version>.deb?

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Eric Richardson wrote:

> Patrick Wiseman wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Eric Richardson wrote:
> >

> >>I've been able to to use make-kpkg kernel-image to create a custom
> >>kernel .deb file from a kernel source package. All the modules are
> >>compiled and I tried make-kpkg modules-image but no deb file gets
                                   modules_image
                                          ^
I assume this is a typo in your email.

> >>created. How do I create the modules deb file?
> >>

> > You only need to do that if you're using third-party modules, such as
> > pcmcia-cs.
>

> Yes, I'd like to do this.

If the module source is in the right place (/usr/src/modules), doing
'make-kpkg modules_image' in /usr/src/linux will compile the
modules.  Then, after installing the kernel, doing 'dpkg -i
../<module>.deb' will install it.

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*