Re: Display Problem - Pincushion Distortion

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 06:01:05PM -0500, Thomas H. George,,, wrote:
> After an upgrade my display has severe pincushion distrotion apparently
> caused by lilo.  That  is, at power up the initial display is normal but
> distorts as soon as lilo starts to present the boot options.  The
> uncommented line in lilo.config is vga=normal.  I have tried switching
> this to vga=ask which, according the man pages for lilo and lilo.real
> (whatever this is), at startup lilo should pause and can display the vga
> options.  It doesn't pause.

[can't help you with the display problem, but...]

Did you re-run the lilo command after modifying /etc/lilo.conf?

The config file is *not* read a boot; it is read by lilo when it figures
out what should be written in the boot block...

HTH
--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com