Re: Mac-Linux filetransfer

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 11:09:17AM -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:

> Correction for woody: apt-get install netatalk
> It will modprobe the appletalk module in the startup for you.
>
> I can't get the passwd to work yet. I comes setup to allow users on the
> debian box to connect to their home directory. Works fine on potato as
> it passes a clear text passwd but on Woody it uses double encypted
> passwd which doesn't work.

What is the OS on the Mac client?

Some MacOS 8.x machines don't support Diffie-Hellman key exchange
(dhx) for authentication.  We had found that replacing the AppleShare
module with a newer one (keep the old one, just in case!) allows us
to authenticate via dhx to our netatalk server.  I'm not sure if or
where you will be able to get this from Apple, though.

--Joe