ETH0 not recognized

I'm coming up with Ethernet0 not being recognized.  Now, back when
we were in Potato, I would have looked to make sure that my modules
were all set up correctly.  But now in Woody, everything is automatic --
so what do I need to do to get it working?

When I ifconfig, I get my loopback listed, but no eth0.

Funny thing is, I can switch back to my pre-rebuild kernel,
and it's recognized again.

So where's the error?  What do I need to do to get this set up?