Re: PCMCIA ethernet and Woody with 2.4.x kernel

Pat Colbeck wrote:
Hi

It seems that with 2.4.x kernels the way PCMCIA is handled has changed. I have managed to get my Xircom Realport card to work with the 2.4.18 kernel that comes with Woody after much loading and unloading of modules and starting and stopping of /etc/init.d/pcmcia but every time I reboot it doesnt work and I have to go through the whole rigmarole again. Can anyone point me at some docs about how to set this up the Debian way so it works on boot ?

Thanks

Pat

You should also take note of whether pcmcia support is compiled into your kernel. If it is, the pcmcia-cs modules (David Hind?) are not used, and everything goes through /etc/network/interfaces

(for example)
iface eth0 inet dhcp

and not through /etc/pcmcia/network.opts

I have my Xircom support compiled in.  For example:

# PCMCIA/CardBus support
#
CONFIG_PCMCIA=y
CONFIG_CARDBUS=y