Re: PCMCIA ethernet and Woody with 2.4.x kernel

Pat Colbeck wrote:

> Hi
>
> It seems that with 2.4.x kernels the way PCMCIA is handled has
> changed. I have  managed to get my Xircom Realport card to work
> with the 2.4.18 kernel that  comes with Woody after much loading
> and unloading of modules and starting and  stopping of
> /etc/init.d/pcmcia but every time I reboot it doesnt work and I  have
>  to go through the whole rigmarole again. Can anyone point me at
> some  docs about how to set this up the Debian way so it works on
> boot ?

I got it to work with yenta_socket and tulip. Before the modules included i82365,cb_enabler, and tulip_cb which are not used for 2.4.

The only tweak I had to make is I had to add to /etc/network/interfaces eth0 in the line:
auto lo eth0

Then everything worked on boot.

Eric