Re: xmcd, using the speakers to play music cds how?

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Bytor wrote:

> I am having trouble playing audio CDs and wonder if someone might be able to give me a clue.  I have xmcd and as root I can start it and play CDs but I have no sound.  As non-root I can start xmcd but it does not recognize that there is a CDs in the cdr
om.  I have add myself to the groups cdrom and audio.
> I would greatly appreciate any help, thanks
> Clyde
did you logout after adding yourself to those groups?

I'm also having trouble playing music cds....it only works for headphones plugged
into the cdplayer not the speakers. Is there a way to use the sound card into which the speakers
are plugged into?