Re: dual boot win2k as boot loader

Is this a Lilo thing? I installed Gentoo on the same computer and it uses Grub, with the same exact setup, but it had a seprate /boot on the second drive.
Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

On Wed, 04 Sep 2002 the mental interface of Quenten Griffith told:

Well that is good to know that lilo can and backs up the org. MBR,
but basically there seems no way to boot Debian with the WIN2k
Boot loader.  I don't have a problem with that but my friend may
be leary.

[...]

Then you have to boot from the primary disk (hda)! Do a small
patition (i.e. 10 Mb) for /boot on hda. Install lilo in that and do
your dd stuff again. It'll work for shure!

Ciao

Elimar