Re: Qt problem

This one time, at band camp, Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka said:
> On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 15:30, Ing. Vladimir M. Kerka wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > maybe its little bit OT, but I have no idea what to do, so I'm asking
> > this question:
> > I'm running Debian unstable, KDE 3.0.3.,and I want to use Krusader and
> > KGamma. I downloaded tgz files, run ./compile, but it ended with result:
>                                         ^^^^^^^
> I'm sorry for mistyping, I mean ./configure
> > checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (library qt-mt)
> > not found. Please check your installation!

I've had this problem with building kde stuff from source before -
apparently Debian has some header files in places that software writers
on other distros don't expect it to be.  Try ./configure --help (or look
at the configure script) - there's usually a list of options that can be
passed to configure, and a not uncommon one is
--with-qt-directory=/path/to/qt/.  If you can pass this argument to
./configure, then dpkg -L qt-dev will tell you where it puts the files,
and you're off.

Good luck,
Steve
--
No guest is so welcome in a friend's house that he will not become a
nuisance after three days.