Re: Copying ISO Images onto HD

On Friday 30 August 2002 21:03, Phil Beder wrote:
> I'm trying to set up my first Debian server in a mixed
>  platform environment(macs & win).  Its for a school, and
>  we would like to put reference material; ie encyclopedia,
>  dictionary, and the like on the server.  Many of these
>  programs want to be read from CD-ROMs.  I know the Windows
>  platform has a program that can do this (I believe its
>  called paragon)  How can this be done on the Linux
>  platform?

with a simple mount command. you simply mount the ISO image to a local
directory on the disk, and share it (via samba, for sharing with window$)

issue (as root) :

mount -o loop /path-to.isoname.iso /mnt/mountpoint.
replace isoname.iso with the iso image name, and /mnt/mountpoint with the full
path to the directory you mount to.

samba sharing is another issue, see www.samba.org for more details, or search
for documentation at www.linuxdoc.org .

good luck, ;)