Re: Copying ISO Images onto HD

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:23:41 +0300
 Amir Tal <tal@whatsup.org.il> wrote:
> On Friday 30 August 2002 21:03, Phil Beder wrote:
> > I'm trying to set up my first Debian server in a mixed
> >  platform environment(macs & win).  Its for a school,
>  and
> >  we would like to put reference material; ie
>  encyclopedia,
> >  dictionary, and the like on the server.  Many of these
> >  programs want to be read from CD-ROMs.  I know the
>  Windows
> >  platform has a program that can do this (I believe its
> >  called paragon)  How can this be done on the Linux
> >  platform?
>
> with a simple mount command. you simply mount the ISO
>  image to a local
> directory on the disk, and share it (via samba, for
>  sharing with window$)
>
> issue (as root) :
>
> mount -o loop /path-to.isoname.iso /mnt/mountpoint.
> replace isoname.iso with the iso image name, and
>  /mnt/mountpoint with the full
> path to the directory you mount to.
>
> samba sharing is another issue, see www.samba.org for
>  more details, or search
> for documentation at www.linuxdoc.org .
>
> good luck, ;)
> tal.
Perhaps I asked the question incorrectly.  The image is on
 a CD-ROM.  I have several disks I wish then students to
 access, however I only have 1 CD-Drive in the machine.
  How can I copy the image to the hard drive as so the
 program will thoink its looking at a CD and not files
 copied from a CD onto a HD?