mixing CD's and web

  Hi Everyone,

  At home, I prefer to install my packages from CD's, because it so
  quick (compared to download) and I don't type up the phone line.
  However it does make it difficult to get the newer software (I can't
  track testing or unstable). Is there a way of setting apt-get up so that
  it will try and install software from the CD's, but if it is not
  available it will then worry about checking online archives? I don't
  want to have to apt-get update to get access to some new software, but
  then not be able to use the CD's for anything.

  Cheers
  Geoff Crompton