sound and 3d graphics

Thanks for getting me up and started with Debian.(i like the selection
of science tools greatly)

How do i (post install) my soundblaster 16 pci. Do i need to install the
alsa modules or is there some kind of debian config. tool to use?

Secondly i'm not getting 3d with my geforce2 Ti. (testing with Tux).
i have installed the nvidia drivers and run dpkg-reconfigure.
I see no option to enable 3d though. in suse xfree86config had this option.

just some quick pointers would be appreciated.
Debian is very interesting and really great with DSL.
thanks in advance