Re: apt-get update + upgrade => java screwed OR apt-get downgrade ???

On 27 Aug 2002 19:41:07 +0200
Andrew Fowler <andy@swissroll.net> wrote:

> I'm running woody and just did an apt-get update + apt-get upgrade
> resulting in a few security upgrades (from last 2 weeks approx.) being
> performed.  Did a reboot just to make sure and everything seemed to be
> fine.
>
> I now seem to have problems with java apps though.  In particular with
> Netbeans: it starts up and as soon as I try to modify something in the
> open project, the entire app locks up (0% CPU usage).  I'm using Sun's
> JDK 1.4.0_01.

I've got JDK 1.4.0 working here on my sarge system and just did and
apt-get upgrade.  All still working.

> Questions:
>
> 1. Has anybody had this problem and do you know of a solution ?
> 2. How can I back out of an apt-upgrade ? (I didn't take note of what
> exactly was upgraded ... where are the logs ?? - Is it just a question
> of installing the previous version.)

Did you install the libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1 package originally to ge the JDK
working or did you simply create a symlink for the missing shared library?
 If you haven't installed, give it a shot.

--
Jamin W. Collins