Debian and IDE RAID?

Hi everybody!

The time has come to upgrade my trusty old Debian box, and I\'ve started looking
into getting an affordable IDE RAID solution. Searching the web for various IDE
RAID controllers and Linux revealed lots of problems, most of which I\'d assume
are related to the actual hardware, or lack thereof.

I know times change, and I\'m wondering if anyone could advise me if there\'s an
IDE RAID controller out there that works well with Debian, in RAID1 (mirror)
mode? Or would I be better off just scrapping the idea, and going with single
drives or software RAID?

What I\'m really looking for is a trouble-free solution to running two drives in
a mirror, and if there\'s a management software - great, if there isn\'t, the
least I expect is to see errors in the syslog if one of the drives fails. It
doesn\'t seem like much to expect, but somehow I think it might be hard to find
with IDE RAID offerings :)

I appreciate all your help.

kind regards,
Danijel