Re: gpg: Warning: unsafe ownership on file "/usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg"

Hi Johann,

Johann Spies wrote:
> I get this warning when I sign a message in Mutt:
>
> gpg: Warning: unsafe ownership on file
> "/usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg"

You are using the keyrings from the debian-keyring package and you
wnat to refernce them, don't you?

> The present ownership is root.root
>
> What should it be?

-rw-r--r- are the permissions of this file; I suppose gpg do not like
to have the file world-readable.

You can ignore this warning...
(If you want to get rid of this warning which I do not think is good
because at some time this warning really could be important, write
no-permission-warning into your .gnupg/options)

Regards,

Rene
--
  .''`.    Rene Engelhard
 : :' :    ** Debian GNU/Linux Developer **