Re: Where to add static routes?

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:41:59 -0500 Sonny Kupka <sonny@nothnbut.net>
wrote:

> I appreciate the info..
>
> I already had the eth0 interface configured, what I now need to do is
> add static routes to the routing table..
>
> Where do you add things like:
>
> route add -net xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx gw xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask
> 255.255.255.240
>
> I need this route added after the interfaces are up

Put the line on a file somewhere (my stuff is in /usr/local/sbin), then
add a symlink to it in rcS.d, naming it something like S90my-stat-routes.

The number should be above 40 to make sure the route is added after the
network is up.

As to rc.local, my understanding is that Debian doesn't have such a
beast, you either put symlinks in rcS.d or in rc[1-6].d if the stuff is
runlevel-specific.

Cheers,

--
Carlos Sousa